Name:
Location: Regina, Canada

Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year's is overrated (I hope)

Well... it's been a while since I have wrote anything on here. Christmas was the same as it always is... bittersweet. It was good to see all my friends and family but at the same time the overwhelming commercialization and pressure to buy everyone you know a gift always taints it for me. I don't even really know why I celebrate Christmas as I am not a Christian. I suppose however that that goes for a lot of people. In a lot of ways I like to think of christmas as a celebration of love. Yes I realize that is completely cheezy but so is most of what I write in here so why stop now. Cheeziness aside I think I just prefer that to the obvious consumer celebration of a boost to the economy that progressively gets worse every year.

As most of you know I got incredibly sick two days before New Year's which sucks so much mainly for the fact that I missed out on seeing a lot of people I wanted to. Other than that New Year's has become vastly overrated for me. Next year I think we should all just get together and not worry about making the best party of the year but perhaps just enjoy eachother's company.

I don't really have too much more to say except that I was thinking of setting up a poker nights of some sorts and that anyone who is interrested should let me know. Perhaps after that we can have a little bit a peotry reading to be followed by interpretive dancing and good natured frivolity. Pilon, you may bring your bongoes but only is I can demonstrate my mad slide whistle skills, an instrument that has been vastly underrated. Anywho back to poker... it definately won't be high stakes if we play for money at all. Should we decide to make it interesting I was thinking of keeping it at 5 a person.

Peace folks

1 Comments:

Blogger katherine said...

im all for poker....
remember how i waxed all your guys' asses last time we played?

:)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home